Internet banking gives you access to our banking services online, anytime, anywhere. You can check your balances and statements, transfer funds and pay your bills at your convenience.
What do I need to apply?
- You will need to complete the online form on our website using the online form: https://bankonline.sboff.com/OFS2/InternetBanking
- Choose your password and memorable date
- Once the registration is complete you will be provided with a 6 digit reference number and can call the Personal Banking * Team to complete or the Internet Banking Team will call you within 1 business day.
- Once done the you will be sent an email with your Internet Client Number and once received you can log in.
- Then follow these steps on your computer.
- Go to https://bankonline.sboff.com/OFS2/InternetBanking
- Select Internet banking
- Enter your user ID
- Enter the password issued to you.
- You then need to read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Log on.
* +44 (0) 1624 643643
Internet security tips
Internet banking is secure, it is done through a secure site and we have various security features in place to ensure your money and transactions remain secure.
There are extra steps you need to take to ensure total security online.
- Keep your password (PIN) secret
- Logout properly at the end of each session
- Do not reply to any email that asks for your ID, password, PIN or account details. We will never ask for this information in an e-mail.
Internet security tips
- Never reply to unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.
- Check your bank statements regularly to identify any errors or fraudulent transactions that might have been performed on your account without your knowledge.
- Use our security features to ensure you have a safe and secure banking experience.
- Never allow your browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) to save your Password
- Keep your Internet banking login and password safe. Don't keep them in the same place as your card
- Do not run any program files unless you know where they come from and that they are safe
- Ensure you are on our Internet banking website by checking the address and that the site is secure by looking for the security certificate in the bottom-right corner of your browser
- Install an anti-virus package and keep it updated
- Control access to your computer. Do not allow anyone to install programs on your computer without first checking that it is safe to do so
- To access Internet banking, log on to www.stanbicbank.co.bw and click on "Internet banking" or type in our full Internet banking address (https://www.encrypt.stanbicbank.co.bw). This is more secure than linking from other sources.
Ensure that your operating system and browser patches are kept up to date as these often include important security enhancements. We have introduced a unique facility that allows you to authenticate and update your Microsoft software, which reduces the risk of malicious programs such as worms, viruses or spy ware attacks.
Anti-virus and firewall software
Install and update your anti-virus and personal firewall software. We suggest any reputable anti-virus and personal firewall software such as AVG, McAfee, Norton and Panda. You can buy software over the Internet or at any reputable software dealer.
Other compulsory security practices
Do not follow any links in emails to reach our Internet banking website. Always enter our website address, https://international.standardbank.com, to connect to Internet banking. We recommend you do not use the "Favourites" or "Bookmarks" in your browser.