You will need the following details in order to make or receive payments from your company's account.
- IBAN is the International Bank Account Number, an internationally recognised account number format. This is used worldwide, but mostly in Europe. Any payment made within the EU zone in Euros must be made using an IBAN.
- You can find your IBAN number on online banking or your account statement.
BIC or Swift codes
- A BIC code (or SWIFT code) is the unique identification code for every bank.
- These are used when transferring money between banks, particularly international wire transfers.
Standard Bank BIC/SWIFT codes
Bank name: Standard Bank Isle of Man Limited
- Bank address: Standard Bank House, One Circular Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1SB
- BIC/SWIFT code: SBICIMDX
- Sort code (for GBP transfers from UK only): 404852
Bank name: Standard Bank Jersey Limited
- Bank address: Standard Bank House, 47/49 La Motte Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8XR
- BIC/SWIFT code: SBICJESH
- Sort code (for GBP transfers from UK only): 405233
Customer and client numbers
Keep the following details handy when you’re using International Online Banking:
- Customer number – which you can find in your welcome email or bank statement
- Internet client number – which is an 8-digit number that starts with a 5. This will have been emailed to you within 24 hours of completing your Online Banking registration.
If you have forgotten this number, please call the Contact Centre Monday – Friday between 7am and 5pm GMT.
A correspondent bank is a third-party bank used by the sending and beneficiary bank when it does not have direct relationships needed to complete payments and transfers. They are essential to the global payment system as brokers for transactions.
You can find the relevant routing information on our correspondent banks page on our routing information page.
Proof of payment
- You can request proof of payment for international payments you have made
- To do so, request a SWIFT MT103 confirmation when making payments*
* Fees and charges apply
You can also use Secure Messaging in International Online Banking to request this information:
- Sign in to International Online Banking
- From the home screen, click on menu button at the top left side of the screen
- Click on the ‘Help & Services’ option
- Select the ‘Get help with something else’
- In the free format message box, please quote the payment date and value, and how you want to receive proof of payment
- A relationship manager will be in touch to help you